Updated Jan 13, 2014 - 8:13 am
Former Cardinals Boldin and Rodgers-Cromartie moving on to Championship Round
Wide receiver Anquan Boldin, who finally broke through and earned his first Super Bowl ring with the Baltimore Ravens in 2013, caught a game-high eight receptions for 136 yards, as the San Francisco 49ers dispatched of the Carolina Panthers by a final of 23-10 in Charlotte.
For Boldin, next Sunday's appearance in the NFC title game against the Seattle Seahawks will mark his third in a conference championship game. In his two prior appearances, Boldin recorded nine catches for 94 yards and two touchdowns.
Boldin's former teammate, cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, also had a hand in his team's divisional round victory, as he recorded four solo tackles and a game-high three pass deflections in the Denver Broncos' 24-17 win over the San Diego Chargers.
The former Cardinals first-round pick, who was traded to the Philadelphia Eagles along with a second-round pick for Kevin Kolb back in July 2011, has three interceptions on the year to go along with 31 tackles.
Rodgers-Cromartie and the Broncos will host the New England Patriots next Sunday for the right to represent the AFC in Super Bowl XLVIII.
Former Arizona offensive lineman Adam Snyder (49ers), linebacker O'Brien Schofield (Seahawks) and linebacker Paris Lenon (Broncos) will also be participants in the conference championship games.
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves