Updated Jan 14, 2014 - 8:53 am
PFT names Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim Executive of the Year
Tuesday, they named Arizona Cardinals general manager Steve Keim as their Executive of the Year.
Keim, in his first year in the position, engineered a hefty roster overhaul that helped the Cardinals increase their win total from five in 2012 to 10 in 2013 -- a total that narrowly missed the playoffs.
In his first year of running the show, the former N.C. State offensive lineman expertly blended the desire to win now with the importance of building for the future. The acquisition of quarterback Carson Palmer helped make the team a postseason contender, and late offseason moves for tackle Eric Winston and pass rusher John Abraham gave the team enhanced veteran leadership and an affordable infusion of talent.
Keim also got the steal of the 2013 draft by landing Tyrann Mathieu in round three. (Running back Andre Ellington in the sixth round wasn't bad, either.)
Keim was chosen over Seattle's John Schneider, Kansas City's John Dorsey, San Francisco's Trent Baalke, Denver's John Elway and San Diego's Tom Telesco.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.