Report: Todd Bowles tells Cleveland Browns to remove him from consideration
Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles interviewed with both the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings regarding their head coaching vacancies, but is apparently no longer interested in at least one of the jobs.
Cardinals DC Todd Bowles has told the Browns to withdraw his name from their list of HC candidates, source tells @FOXSports1.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 14, 2014
If true, it would appear that Bowles is only in line for the Minnesota job, where Cincinnati Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is thought to be the frontrunner.
The reason for Bowles removing his name could range from feeling like he was not going to get the job and saving face to perhaps deciding he did not want to be the head coach of the Cleveland Browns.
Whatever it is, the Cardinals would certainly be happy to have him back next season to try and continue building what has become one of the NFL's best defenses.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.