Report: Todd Bowles tells Cleveland Browns to remove him from consideration
Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles interviewed with both the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings regarding their head coaching vacancies, but is apparently no longer interested in at least one of the jobs.
Cardinals DC Todd Bowles has told the Browns to withdraw his name from their list of HC candidates, source tells @FOXSports1.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 14, 2014
If true, it would appear that Bowles is only in line for the Minnesota job, where Cincinnati Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is thought to be the frontrunner.
The reason for Bowles removing his name could range from feeling like he was not going to get the job and saving face to perhaps deciding he did not want to be the head coach of the Cleveland Browns.
Whatever it is, the Cardinals would certainly be happy to have him back next season to try and continue building what has become one of the NFL's best defenses.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.