Report: Todd Bowles tells Cleveland Browns to remove him from consideration
Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles interviewed with both the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings regarding their head coaching vacancies, but is apparently no longer interested in at least one of the jobs.
Cardinals DC Todd Bowles has told the Browns to withdraw his name from their list of HC candidates, source tells @FOXSports1.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 14, 2014
If true, it would appear that Bowles is only in line for the Minnesota job, where Cincinnati Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is thought to be the frontrunner.
The reason for Bowles removing his name could range from feeling like he was not going to get the job and saving face to perhaps deciding he did not want to be the head coach of the Cleveland Browns.
Whatever it is, the Cardinals would certainly be happy to have him back next season to try and continue building what has become one of the NFL's best defenses.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.