Report: Todd Bowles tells Cleveland Browns to remove him from consideration
Arizona Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles interviewed with both the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings regarding their head coaching vacancies, but is apparently no longer interested in at least one of the jobs.
Cardinals DC Todd Bowles has told the Browns to withdraw his name from their list of HC candidates, source tells @FOXSports1.— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 14, 2014
If true, it would appear that Bowles is only in line for the Minnesota job, where Cincinnati Bengals DC Mike Zimmer is thought to be the frontrunner.
The reason for Bowles removing his name could range from feeling like he was not going to get the job and saving face to perhaps deciding he did not want to be the head coach of the Cleveland Browns.
Whatever it is, the Cardinals would certainly be happy to have him back next season to try and continue building what has become one of the NFL's best defenses.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.