Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 5:28 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Lyle Sendlein laments what could have been
And as the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks duke it out in the NFC Championship Game, all the Cardinals can do is watch and wonder what could have been.
"Woulda, shoulda, coulda," Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein told Doug and Wolf Wednesday morning. "I feel like we can compete with both those teams that are in the championship game. Just goes to show where our division's headed, having two teams in the conference championship."
The Cards won 10 games this season -- usually enough to reach the playoffs -- and were arguably the hottest team in the NFC when the season concluded. One of those 10 wins came in Seattle against the Seahawks, who are favored to reach the Super Bowl in large part due to their incredible home field advantage.
But alas, none of that matters now.
"Frustrating, for sure, especially when we feel like we could have done some damage if we just got in," Sendlein said. "It's been more frustrating this year than years of the past."
That mentality was a common theme when the season concluded, as it seemed like every member of the Cardinals would have much preferred to still be playing. It's a stark contrast from just one year ago when, after losing 11 of their last 12 games, everyone was ready to move on.
This year, everyone wanted to continue moving forward.
"You work all year to be playing in January and February and it's a little bitter when you don't get there, especially when you had a little taste of success like we did."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- CBS Sports' Pete Prisco: Arizona Cardinals raving about how fast John Brown has picked things up
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson on contract extension: 'I haven't had my reality check just yet'
- The Floyd Factor
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.