Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 5:28 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Lyle Sendlein laments what could have been
And as the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks duke it out in the NFC Championship Game, all the Cardinals can do is watch and wonder what could have been.
"Woulda, shoulda, coulda," Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein told Doug and Wolf Wednesday morning. "I feel like we can compete with both those teams that are in the championship game. Just goes to show where our division's headed, having two teams in the conference championship."
The Cards won 10 games this season -- usually enough to reach the playoffs -- and were arguably the hottest team in the NFC when the season concluded. One of those 10 wins came in Seattle against the Seahawks, who are favored to reach the Super Bowl in large part due to their incredible home field advantage.
But alas, none of that matters now.
"Frustrating, for sure, especially when we feel like we could have done some damage if we just got in," Sendlein said. "It's been more frustrating this year than years of the past."
That mentality was a common theme when the season concluded, as it seemed like every member of the Cardinals would have much preferred to still be playing. It's a stark contrast from just one year ago when, after losing 11 of their last 12 games, everyone was ready to move on.
This year, everyone wanted to continue moving forward.
"You work all year to be playing in January and February and it's a little bitter when you don't get there, especially when you had a little taste of success like we did."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Christian Tupou, Kevin Cone, Dominique Williams added to Arizona Cardinals' practice squad
- New Arizona Cardinals LB Thomas Keiser: I wanted to go pass rush for somebody
- Former Arizona Cardinals quarterback Max Hall arrested on shoplifting, drug charges
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves