Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 5:28 pm
Arizona Cardinals' Lyle Sendlein laments what could have been
And as the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks duke it out in the NFC Championship Game, all the Cardinals can do is watch and wonder what could have been.
"Woulda, shoulda, coulda," Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein told Doug and Wolf Wednesday morning. "I feel like we can compete with both those teams that are in the championship game. Just goes to show where our division's headed, having two teams in the conference championship."
The Cards won 10 games this season -- usually enough to reach the playoffs -- and were arguably the hottest team in the NFC when the season concluded. One of those 10 wins came in Seattle against the Seahawks, who are favored to reach the Super Bowl in large part due to their incredible home field advantage.
But alas, none of that matters now.
"Frustrating, for sure, especially when we feel like we could have done some damage if we just got in," Sendlein said. "It's been more frustrating this year than years of the past."
That mentality was a common theme when the season concluded, as it seemed like every member of the Cardinals would have much preferred to still be playing. It's a stark contrast from just one year ago when, after losing 11 of their last 12 games, everyone was ready to move on.
This year, everyone wanted to continue moving forward.
"You work all year to be playing in January and February and it's a little bitter when you don't get there, especially when you had a little taste of success like we did."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.