Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 3:43 pm
Arizona Cardinals tried out 'Kickalicious', Havard Rugland
Just had a tryout with the Arizona Cardinals. It went great! Grateful for the opportunity.— Håvard Rugland (@MrRugland) January 15, 2014
Rugland is better known as "Kickalicious" due to a YouTube video that shows him making good on a variety of trick-shot kicks.
Rugland had never kicked in an NFL game until last preseason when he was a member of the Detroit Lions. He connected on both of his extra points and all three of his field goal attempts, including one from 50 yards out.
The Cardinals could be in the market for a new kicker with Jay Feely set to become a free agent after four seasons with the team.
Last season, the veteran was 30-for-36 on field goal attempts and made all 37 of his extra points, though his pair of misses in the season finale along with less-than-pinpoint accuracy on his final kickoff, which ended up resulting in a big return for the 49ers, did not help his cause.
"Jay is an unrestricted free agent, so it will be all business from here on out," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after the season when asked about how he felt about Feely moving forward. "I love Jay to death. He was a captain. Wish he would have kicked that last kickoff down the middle."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.