Updated Jan 15, 2014 - 3:43 pm
Arizona Cardinals tried out 'Kickalicious', Havard Rugland
Just had a tryout with the Arizona Cardinals. It went great! Grateful for the opportunity.— Håvard Rugland (@MrRugland) January 15, 2014
Rugland is better known as "Kickalicious" due to a YouTube video that shows him making good on a variety of trick-shot kicks.
Rugland had never kicked in an NFL game until last preseason when he was a member of the Detroit Lions. He connected on both of his extra points and all three of his field goal attempts, including one from 50 yards out.
The Cardinals could be in the market for a new kicker with Jay Feely set to become a free agent after four seasons with the team.
Last season, the veteran was 30-for-36 on field goal attempts and made all 37 of his extra points, though his pair of misses in the season finale along with less-than-pinpoint accuracy on his final kickoff, which ended up resulting in a big return for the 49ers, did not help his cause.
"Jay is an unrestricted free agent, so it will be all business from here on out," Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said after the season when asked about how he felt about Feely moving forward. "I love Jay to death. He was a captain. Wish he would have kicked that last kickoff down the middle."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- With Jared Veldheer signing, Steve Keim has done it again
- Numbers say Jared Veldheer is a big pickup for the Arizona Cardinals
- Team broadcaster 'mystified' that Raiders let Jared Veldheer go to Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals benefit from the Carson Palmer effect
- It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.