Cardinals Rewind: Five years since NFC Championship win over Eagles
Whatever time measurement used will suffice, because either way that's how long it's been since the Arizona Cardinals outlasted the Philadelphia Eagles in a thrilling 32-25 NFC Championship Game victory at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The sights are still very clear, even though the team has had just two winning seasons -- including a 10-6 campaign in 2013 -- since.
There were the three first-half touchdown passes from Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, including a 62-yarder that involved more than a little trickery.
The 19 unanswered points put up by Philadelphia to begin the second half on three touchdown passes by Donovan McNabb to Brent Celek (twice) and Desean Jackson.
And, of course, the 14-play, 72-yard drive by Arizona, capped off by an eight-yard touchdown connection between Kurt Warner and running back Tim Hightower with 2:53 remaining.
The Cardinals would secure their first and only trip to the Super Bowl with two more defensive stops following Hightower's touchdown -- one on which came on a 4th and 10 at the Arizona 47 with 1:51 left in the game.
Here's the reaction Cardinals play-by-play announcer Dave Pasch and color analyst Ron Wolfley had following the incomplete pass intended for Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis.
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer relishing opportunity in the desert
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.
- Jonathan Dwyer, Arizona Cardinals RB - Friday August 1Cardinals RB Jonathan Dwyer talks about coming to a new team.