Cardinals Rewind: Five years since NFC Championship win over Eagles
Whatever time measurement used will suffice, because either way that's how long it's been since the Arizona Cardinals outlasted the Philadelphia Eagles in a thrilling 32-25 NFC Championship Game victory at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The sights are still very clear, even though the team has had just two winning seasons -- including a 10-6 campaign in 2013 -- since.
There were the three first-half touchdown passes from Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, including a 62-yarder that involved more than a little trickery.
The 19 unanswered points put up by Philadelphia to begin the second half on three touchdown passes by Donovan McNabb to Brent Celek (twice) and Desean Jackson.
And, of course, the 14-play, 72-yard drive by Arizona, capped off by an eight-yard touchdown connection between Kurt Warner and running back Tim Hightower with 2:53 remaining.
The Cardinals would secure their first and only trip to the Super Bowl with two more defensive stops following Hightower's touchdown -- one on which came on a 4th and 10 at the Arizona 47 with 1:51 left in the game.
Here's the reaction Cardinals play-by-play announcer Dave Pasch and color analyst Ron Wolfley had following the incomplete pass intended for Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.