Cardinals Rewind: Five years since NFC Championship win over Eagles
Whatever time measurement used will suffice, because either way that's how long it's been since the Arizona Cardinals outlasted the Philadelphia Eagles in a thrilling 32-25 NFC Championship Game victory at University of Phoenix Stadium.
The sights are still very clear, even though the team has had just two winning seasons -- including a 10-6 campaign in 2013 -- since.
There were the three first-half touchdown passes from Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner to wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, including a 62-yarder that involved more than a little trickery.
The 19 unanswered points put up by Philadelphia to begin the second half on three touchdown passes by Donovan McNabb to Brent Celek (twice) and Desean Jackson.
And, of course, the 14-play, 72-yard drive by Arizona, capped off by an eight-yard touchdown connection between Kurt Warner and running back Tim Hightower with 2:53 remaining.
The Cardinals would secure their first and only trip to the Super Bowl with two more defensive stops following Hightower's touchdown -- one on which came on a 4th and 10 at the Arizona 47 with 1:51 left in the game.
Here's the reaction Cardinals play-by-play announcer Dave Pasch and color analyst Ron Wolfley had following the incomplete pass intended for Eagles wide receiver Kevin Curtis.
- NFL writer: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald 'bound to improve' in 2014
- GM Steve Keim updates Arizona Cardinals' draft progress
- NFL Draft '14: Is it time for the Arizona Cardinals to draft a QB?
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- 2014 Arizona Cardinals draft stock tracker
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.