Updated Jan 20, 2014 - 7:59 am
State of Arizona has ties to Super Bowl XLVIII in New Jersey
Former Arizona State players Brock Osweiler and Omar Bolden are headed to the Super Bowl after the Denver Broncos' 26-16 win over the New England Patriots Sunday. Osweiler, a second-year backup quarterback, and Bolden, a third-year safety, are the 42nd and 43rd ASU players to be on a Super Bowl roster. Former ASU receiver Gerell Robinson is on the Broncos' practice squad.
Former ASU tight end Zach Miller became the 44th, when his Seattle Seahawks beat the San Francisco 49ers 23-17 to win the NFC title.
But that's not where the Arizona ties to Super Bowl XLVIII end. Former Arizona Cardinals Paris Lenon and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie also play for Denver, former Cards linebacker O'Brien Schofield plays for Seattle.
Rodgers-Cromartie was with the Cardinals when they won the NFC Championship and lost the Super Bowl in 2009, his lone Super Bowl appearance. Lenon spent the past three seasons with the Cardinals, and was part of the 0-16 Detroit Lions in 2008 and 1-15 St. Louis Rams in 2009. Schofield spent the first three years of his NFL career with the Cardinals, raching up 10.5 sacks in 35 games.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.