Updated Jan 20, 2014 - 7:59 am
State of Arizona has ties to Super Bowl XLVIII in New Jersey
Former Arizona State players Brock Osweiler and Omar Bolden are headed to the Super Bowl after the Denver Broncos' 26-16 win over the New England Patriots Sunday. Osweiler, a second-year backup quarterback, and Bolden, a third-year safety, are the 42nd and 43rd ASU players to be on a Super Bowl roster. Former ASU receiver Gerell Robinson is on the Broncos' practice squad.
Former ASU tight end Zach Miller became the 44th, when his Seattle Seahawks beat the San Francisco 49ers 23-17 to win the NFC title.
But that's not where the Arizona ties to Super Bowl XLVIII end. Former Arizona Cardinals Paris Lenon and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie also play for Denver, former Cards linebacker O'Brien Schofield plays for Seattle.
Rodgers-Cromartie was with the Cardinals when they won the NFC Championship and lost the Super Bowl in 2009, his lone Super Bowl appearance. Lenon spent the past three seasons with the Cardinals, and was part of the 0-16 Detroit Lions in 2008 and 1-15 St. Louis Rams in 2009. Schofield spent the first three years of his NFL career with the Cardinals, raching up 10.5 sacks in 35 games.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.