Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald selected to 2014 NFL Pro Bowl
Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald, initially selected as an alternate, will replace Denver receiver Demaryius Thomas, whose team advanced to Super Bowl XLVIII with a 26-16 win over the New England Patriots earlier Sunday.
This will be Fitzgerald's eighth Pro Bowl selection, and seventh consecutive -- setting a new franchise record.
Fitzgerald joins linebacker John Abraham, special teamer Justin Bethel and cornerback Patrick Peterson for the Cardinals, who haven't had a Pro Bowl selection on offense, defense and special teams since 2008.
Fitzgerald caught 10 touchdowns this season, making him one of just nine players in NFL history with 10 touchdown catches in five different seasons.
The Pro Bowl will be played next Sunday at 5 p.m. at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.