Arizona Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald selected to 2014 NFL Pro Bowl
Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald, initially selected as an alternate, will replace Denver receiver Demaryius Thomas, whose team advanced to Super Bowl XLVIII with a 26-16 win over the New England Patriots earlier Sunday.
This will be Fitzgerald's eighth Pro Bowl selection, and seventh consecutive -- setting a new franchise record.
Fitzgerald joins linebacker John Abraham, special teamer Justin Bethel and cornerback Patrick Peterson for the Cardinals, who haven't had a Pro Bowl selection on offense, defense and special teams since 2008.
Fitzgerald caught 10 touchdowns this season, making him one of just nine players in NFL history with 10 touchdown catches in five different seasons.
The Pro Bowl will be played next Sunday at 5 p.m. at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.