Updated Jan 20, 2014 - 10:02 am
Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald to be honored with 'Living the Dream' award
The 30-year-old wideout has been a unanimous All-American, a Fred Biletnikoff and Walter Camp Award-winner, an AP NFL First-Team All-Pro, an eight-time Pro Bowler and a Pro Bowl MVP.
But Fitzgerald, who has 846 career catches for 11,367 yards and 87 touchdowns to his name, is as dedicated to his work in the community as he is to his work on the field.
And for that reason, the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board will be honoring Fitzgerald with the "Living the Dream" award Monday night at its Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration.
Among his community service endeavors, the 10-year veteran founded The Larry Fitzgerald First Down Fund -- which is dedicated to helping families in need by providing financial support for kids' activities. The Cardinals wide receiver has also taken service trips in Ethiopia and Senegal the last two offseasons through Oxfam America.
The "Living the Dream" award caps off a pretty special weekend for Fitzgerald, who was also added to the 2014 Pro Bowl Game as a replacement for Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas.
- Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson reasserts self as NFL's best
- Earl Watford, Paul Fanaika battling for Arizona Cardinals' right guard job
- Patrick Peterson 'relieved' of offensive, special teams duties with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals TE Troy Niklas forced to play catch-up
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 27, 2014
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.