Arizona Cardinals agree to terms with Dave Zastudil
As per team policy, terms were not disclosed.
Zastudil, 35, just finished his third season with the Cardinals. He averaged 45.7 yards per kick on 78 punts in 2013, with a net average of 40.1 and a league-leading 35 punts inside the 20-yard line.
A 12-year NFL veteran, Zastudil's 45.8-yard average as a member of the Cardinals is the highest career average in franchise history. He is also one of four players in team history with at least 100 punts (105) inside the 20 in their career.
Zastudil has spent time with the Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns as well. He's played in 160 career games and punted 858 times for 37,529 yards, with 284 of them landing inside the 20.
Arizona cardinals fans I'm honored to say ill be back for 2 more years!...I'm very excited and thankful! #birdgang see ya this spring!!— Dave Zastudil (@zasty9) January 21, 2014
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.