Updated Jan 21, 2014 - 4:41 pm
Arizona Cardinals lose Jason Licht to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Though they were able to keep defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, it was reported early Tuesday that they were not so lucky with regards to Vice President, Player Personnel Jason Licht.
The Buccaneers confirmed the report later in the day.
"We are excited to welcome Jason Licht as the new general manager of the Buccaneers," said Buccaneers Co-Chairman Joel Glazer. "Jason is a seasoned NFL personnel veteran who has worked with some of the most accomplished individuals in professional football while contributing to success in New England, Philadelphia and Arizona. His strong player personnel background provides the ideal complement to Lovie Smith's philosophy as our head coach. We look forward to working with Jason and Lovie as we set the foundation and chart the course for the future of Buccaneers football."
Licht had just finished his third year with the Cardinals and first in the role of vice president, player personnel. He had an important role in scouting (professional and college) as well as contract negotiations.
Before working with the Cardinals, Licht had been employed by the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.