Updated Jan 21, 2014 - 4:41 pm
Arizona Cardinals lose Jason Licht to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Though they were able to keep defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, it was reported early Tuesday that they were not so lucky with regards to Vice President, Player Personnel Jason Licht.
The Buccaneers confirmed the report later in the day.
"We are excited to welcome Jason Licht as the new general manager of the Buccaneers," said Buccaneers Co-Chairman Joel Glazer. "Jason is a seasoned NFL personnel veteran who has worked with some of the most accomplished individuals in professional football while contributing to success in New England, Philadelphia and Arizona. His strong player personnel background provides the ideal complement to Lovie Smith's philosophy as our head coach. We look forward to working with Jason and Lovie as we set the foundation and chart the course for the future of Buccaneers football."
Licht had just finished his third year with the Cardinals and first in the role of vice president, player personnel. He had an important role in scouting (professional and college) as well as contract negotiations.
Before working with the Cardinals, Licht had been employed by the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.