Updated Jan 21, 2014 - 4:41 pm
Arizona Cardinals lose Jason Licht to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Though they were able to keep defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, it was reported early Tuesday that they were not so lucky with regards to Vice President, Player Personnel Jason Licht.
The Buccaneers confirmed the report later in the day.
"We are excited to welcome Jason Licht as the new general manager of the Buccaneers," said Buccaneers Co-Chairman Joel Glazer. "Jason is a seasoned NFL personnel veteran who has worked with some of the most accomplished individuals in professional football while contributing to success in New England, Philadelphia and Arizona. His strong player personnel background provides the ideal complement to Lovie Smith's philosophy as our head coach. We look forward to working with Jason and Lovie as we set the foundation and chart the course for the future of Buccaneers football."
Licht had just finished his third year with the Cardinals and first in the role of vice president, player personnel. He had an important role in scouting (professional and college) as well as contract negotiations.
Before working with the Cardinals, Licht had been employed by the Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots.
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.