Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 9:27 am
Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson may square off in Pro Bowl
With the NFL Pro Bowl's new version of a "fantasy draft" rather than pitting the AFC and NFC, the Cardinals duo was selected to opposite sides by captains Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders.
Should the two be matched up against each other, fans will get a look at what's likely one of the best daily matchups in the NFL.
Peterson was the fifth overall pick and first defensive player selected, and Fitzgerald was automatically assigned to Rice's team as the last available receiver.
Fitzgerald will be joined on Rice's team by Cardinals linebacker John Abraham and special teamer Justin Bethel, who could square off against Peterson should he return punts.
The Pro Bowl is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Sunday at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.