Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 9:27 am
Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson may square off in Pro Bowl
With the NFL Pro Bowl's new version of a "fantasy draft" rather than pitting the AFC and NFC, the Cardinals duo was selected to opposite sides by captains Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders.
Should the two be matched up against each other, fans will get a look at what's likely one of the best daily matchups in the NFL.
Peterson was the fifth overall pick and first defensive player selected, and Fitzgerald was automatically assigned to Rice's team as the last available receiver.
Fitzgerald will be joined on Rice's team by Cardinals linebacker John Abraham and special teamer Justin Bethel, who could square off against Peterson should he return punts.
The Pro Bowl is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Sunday at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.