Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 9:27 am
Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson may square off in Pro Bowl
With the NFL Pro Bowl's new version of a "fantasy draft" rather than pitting the AFC and NFC, the Cardinals duo was selected to opposite sides by captains Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders.
Should the two be matched up against each other, fans will get a look at what's likely one of the best daily matchups in the NFL.
Peterson was the fifth overall pick and first defensive player selected, and Fitzgerald was automatically assigned to Rice's team as the last available receiver.
Fitzgerald will be joined on Rice's team by Cardinals linebacker John Abraham and special teamer Justin Bethel, who could square off against Peterson should he return punts.
The Pro Bowl is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Sunday at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.