Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 9:27 am
Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson may square off in Pro Bowl
With the NFL Pro Bowl's new version of a "fantasy draft" rather than pitting the AFC and NFC, the Cardinals duo was selected to opposite sides by captains Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders.
Should the two be matched up against each other, fans will get a look at what's likely one of the best daily matchups in the NFL.
Peterson was the fifth overall pick and first defensive player selected, and Fitzgerald was automatically assigned to Rice's team as the last available receiver.
Fitzgerald will be joined on Rice's team by Cardinals linebacker John Abraham and special teamer Justin Bethel, who could square off against Peterson should he return punts.
The Pro Bowl is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Sunday at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.