USA Today honors Arizona Cardinals' Karlos Dansby and Calais Campbell
Campbell, in his sixth year with the team, posted a career-high 9 sacks to go along with 58 total tackles. He was one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL, constantly wreaking havoc on opposing offenses.
And Dansby was a monster in his return to the desert, tallying 122 total tackles with 6.5 sacks and 4 interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns.
Unfortunately, neither was selected to participate in the Pro Bowl, but that doesn't mean their efforts went completely unnoticed.
Friday, USA Today's Nate Davis honored both players as part of his 22nd All-Joe Team.
The team is meant to recognize the league's unsung players, guys who had great impacts but have never been to the Pro Bowl.
Of Campbell, Davis writes:
The best 3-4 end in the NFL not named J.J. Watt, Campbell posted a career-best nine sacks while crushing tailbacks for the NFL's top run defense. He also excels at blocking kicks with his 6-8 frame.
And of Dansby, he notes:
Returned to the desert after three years in Miami and turned in his best season. His career-high 114 solo tackles complemented 6.5 sacks. He also picked off four passes (returning two for scores) and broke up 19 passes, tied for most among linebackers.
There's little doubt both Campbell and Dansby would rather be celebrating their respective seasons by playing in the Pro Bowl, but it's nice to know their 2013 efforts weren't completely ignored.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.