USA Today honors Arizona Cardinals' Karlos Dansby and Calais Campbell
Campbell, in his sixth year with the team, posted a career-high 9 sacks to go along with 58 total tackles. He was one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL, constantly wreaking havoc on opposing offenses.
And Dansby was a monster in his return to the desert, tallying 122 total tackles with 6.5 sacks and 4 interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns.
Unfortunately, neither was selected to participate in the Pro Bowl, but that doesn't mean their efforts went completely unnoticed.
Friday, USA Today's Nate Davis honored both players as part of his 22nd All-Joe Team.
The team is meant to recognize the league's unsung players, guys who had great impacts but have never been to the Pro Bowl.
Of Campbell, Davis writes:
The best 3-4 end in the NFL not named J.J. Watt, Campbell posted a career-best nine sacks while crushing tailbacks for the NFL's top run defense. He also excels at blocking kicks with his 6-8 frame.
And of Dansby, he notes:
Returned to the desert after three years in Miami and turned in his best season. His career-high 114 solo tackles complemented 6.5 sacks. He also picked off four passes (returning two for scores) and broke up 19 passes, tied for most among linebackers.
There's little doubt both Campbell and Dansby would rather be celebrating their respective seasons by playing in the Pro Bowl, but it's nice to know their 2013 efforts weren't completely ignored.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.