USA Today honors Arizona Cardinals' Karlos Dansby and Calais Campbell
Campbell, in his sixth year with the team, posted a career-high 9 sacks to go along with 58 total tackles. He was one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL, constantly wreaking havoc on opposing offenses.
And Dansby was a monster in his return to the desert, tallying 122 total tackles with 6.5 sacks and 4 interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns.
Unfortunately, neither was selected to participate in the Pro Bowl, but that doesn't mean their efforts went completely unnoticed.
Friday, USA Today's Nate Davis honored both players as part of his 22nd All-Joe Team.
The team is meant to recognize the league's unsung players, guys who had great impacts but have never been to the Pro Bowl.
Of Campbell, Davis writes:
The best 3-4 end in the NFL not named J.J. Watt, Campbell posted a career-best nine sacks while crushing tailbacks for the NFL's top run defense. He also excels at blocking kicks with his 6-8 frame.
And of Dansby, he notes:
Returned to the desert after three years in Miami and turned in his best season. His career-high 114 solo tackles complemented 6.5 sacks. He also picked off four passes (returning two for scores) and broke up 19 passes, tied for most among linebackers.
There's little doubt both Campbell and Dansby would rather be celebrating their respective seasons by playing in the Pro Bowl, but it's nice to know their 2013 efforts weren't completely ignored.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.