USA Today honors Arizona Cardinals' Karlos Dansby and Calais Campbell
Campbell, in his sixth year with the team, posted a career-high 9 sacks to go along with 58 total tackles. He was one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL, constantly wreaking havoc on opposing offenses.
And Dansby was a monster in his return to the desert, tallying 122 total tackles with 6.5 sacks and 4 interceptions, two of which he returned for touchdowns.
Unfortunately, neither was selected to participate in the Pro Bowl, but that doesn't mean their efforts went completely unnoticed.
Friday, USA Today's Nate Davis honored both players as part of his 22nd All-Joe Team.
The team is meant to recognize the league's unsung players, guys who had great impacts but have never been to the Pro Bowl.
Of Campbell, Davis writes:
The best 3-4 end in the NFL not named J.J. Watt, Campbell posted a career-best nine sacks while crushing tailbacks for the NFL's top run defense. He also excels at blocking kicks with his 6-8 frame.
And of Dansby, he notes:
Returned to the desert after three years in Miami and turned in his best season. His career-high 114 solo tackles complemented 6.5 sacks. He also picked off four passes (returning two for scores) and broke up 19 passes, tied for most among linebackers.
There's little doubt both Campbell and Dansby would rather be celebrating their respective seasons by playing in the Pro Bowl, but it's nice to know their 2013 efforts weren't completely ignored.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Patrick Peterson becomes highest paid CB, Richard Sherman has something to say (tweet)
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b