Updated Feb 3, 2014 - 6:14 pm
Former Cardinals, Sun Devils quiet in Super Bowl XLVIII
For the Seahawks, former Arizona State tight end Zach Miller caught one of the two passes that came his way. Denver tried an onside kick at the beginning of the fourth quarter, and the 28-year-old former Sun Devil secured the ball and didn't try to advance. A couple of plays later, he had his lone catch of the game for 10 yards, which helped Seattle continue a drive in which Russell Wilson threw a touchdown pass to Doug Baldwin for 10 yards.
Former Arizona Cardinal O'Brien Schofield had a quiet evening but picked up a tackle for loss with about five minutes left in the fourth quarter. Schofield spent his first three seasons with Arizona before joining the Seahawks for the 2013 campaign.
The Broncos, who were blown out 43-8, sported four players with Arizona connections in the showdown.
Former Cardinals linebacker Paris Lenon recorded two tackles in the big game, but also left the contest in the second half due to a rib injury. Twenty-seven-year-old cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who was drafted by the Cardinals and played his first three seasons with Big Red, recorded one solo tackle Sunday in New Jersey.
Former Sun Devils quarterback Brock Osweiler and safety Omar Bolden did not put up any numbers on the stat sheet for the Broncos, unless you count the late hit Seattle's Ricardo Lockette delivered on Bolden in the first quarter to get whistled for unnecessary roughness.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b