Updated Feb 3, 2014 - 6:14 pm
Former Cardinals, Sun Devils quiet in Super Bowl XLVIII
For the Seahawks, former Arizona State tight end Zach Miller caught one of the two passes that came his way. Denver tried an onside kick at the beginning of the fourth quarter, and the 28-year-old former Sun Devil secured the ball and didn't try to advance. A couple of plays later, he had his lone catch of the game for 10 yards, which helped Seattle continue a drive in which Russell Wilson threw a touchdown pass to Doug Baldwin for 10 yards.
Former Arizona Cardinal O'Brien Schofield had a quiet evening but picked up a tackle for loss with about five minutes left in the fourth quarter. Schofield spent his first three seasons with Arizona before joining the Seahawks for the 2013 campaign.
The Broncos, who were blown out 43-8, sported four players with Arizona connections in the showdown.
Former Cardinals linebacker Paris Lenon recorded two tackles in the big game, but also left the contest in the second half due to a rib injury. Twenty-seven-year-old cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who was drafted by the Cardinals and played his first three seasons with Big Red, recorded one solo tackle Sunday in New Jersey.
Former Sun Devils quarterback Brock Osweiler and safety Omar Bolden did not put up any numbers on the stat sheet for the Broncos, unless you count the late hit Seattle's Ricardo Lockette delivered on Bolden in the first quarter to get whistled for unnecessary roughness.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.