ESPN: How do the Arizona Cardinals surpass the Seahawks and 49ers?
The folks over at ESPN.com produced an Insider piece going over the top 50.
Talking about all the issues -- be it in the draft, free agency or otherwise -- the panel came up with one that every Arizona Cardinal fan has probably been asking about for a while.
And it just so happened to be No. 13 on the list.
13. How the heck do the Arizona Cardinals pull ahead of San Francisco and Seattle?
Sando: The Cardinals need to replenish their offensive line and add a speed element to their receiving corps. They can worry about upgrading at quarterback another time. Carson Palmer has done enough to remain the best option for the coming season. The line will definitely improve with Jonathan Cooper's return from injury and when Arizona addresses its tackle situation. At receiver, coach Bruce Arians needs a Mike Wallace type. Look for the Cardinals to seek one in the draft while considering options in free agency.
Indeed, at least the Cardinals don't appear to need a quarterback, meaning they can focus their attention on addressing other areas of the team.
And with the defending Super Bowl champions as well as the team they barely beat in the NFC Championship Game residing in their division, it would seem the Cardinals have quite a challenge ahead of them.
Also noted by the panel is the recovery from injury for Tyrann Mathieu and the Larry Fitzgerald trade rumors.
But as it stands now, the most pressing issue would appear to be the one the team may have the least control over.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.
- Roger Kingdom, Arizona Cardinals' Speed Coach - Monday April 7Roger Kingdom talks about translating muscle gained to the field without slowing the players down.
- Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday April 4The rat pack is on the loose!