ESPN: How do the Arizona Cardinals surpass the Seahawks and 49ers?
The folks over at ESPN.com produced an Insider piece going over the top 50.
Talking about all the issues -- be it in the draft, free agency or otherwise -- the panel came up with one that every Arizona Cardinal fan has probably been asking about for a while.
And it just so happened to be No. 13 on the list.
13. How the heck do the Arizona Cardinals pull ahead of San Francisco and Seattle?
Sando: The Cardinals need to replenish their offensive line and add a speed element to their receiving corps. They can worry about upgrading at quarterback another time. Carson Palmer has done enough to remain the best option for the coming season. The line will definitely improve with Jonathan Cooper's return from injury and when Arizona addresses its tackle situation. At receiver, coach Bruce Arians needs a Mike Wallace type. Look for the Cardinals to seek one in the draft while considering options in free agency.
Indeed, at least the Cardinals don't appear to need a quarterback, meaning they can focus their attention on addressing other areas of the team.
And with the defending Super Bowl champions as well as the team they barely beat in the NFC Championship Game residing in their division, it would seem the Cardinals have quite a challenge ahead of them.
Also noted by the panel is the recovery from injury for Tyrann Mathieu and the Larry Fitzgerald trade rumors.
But as it stands now, the most pressing issue would appear to be the one the team may have the least control over.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- All-Access with Arians: Running game is fine, defense is better than last year
- John Abraham feels good after first practice, confident he'll be ready soon
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.