Updated Feb 23, 2014 - 8:53 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals interested in outside linebacker Mike Neal
According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Cardinals are one of the teams rumored to be interested in outside linebacker Mike Neal.
Neal, a former second-round draft pick out of Purdue in 2010, has played his entire career with the Green Bay Packers. Last season, he set career highs in games played (16), solo tackles (36), total tackles (47), sacks (5) and interceptions (1).
The Cardinals entered the 2013 with plenty of depth at the outside linebacker position, but season-ending injuries to Sam Acho and Lorenzo Alexander forced Matt Shaughnessy and John Abraham to play a bit out of position. Arizona relied on Dontay Moch and Marcus Benard to fill the void, as well.
Neal wasn't without his own ailments last season, either. The 26-year-old suffered a knee injury that forced him out of the Packers' Wild Card round loss to the San Francisco 49ers.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?