Updated Feb 23, 2014 - 8:53 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals interested in outside linebacker Mike Neal
According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Cardinals are one of the teams rumored to be interested in outside linebacker Mike Neal.
Neal, a former second-round draft pick out of Purdue in 2010, has played his entire career with the Green Bay Packers. Last season, he set career highs in games played (16), solo tackles (36), total tackles (47), sacks (5) and interceptions (1).
The Cardinals entered the 2013 with plenty of depth at the outside linebacker position, but season-ending injuries to Sam Acho and Lorenzo Alexander forced Matt Shaughnessy and John Abraham to play a bit out of position. Arizona relied on Dontay Moch and Marcus Benard to fill the void, as well.
Neal wasn't without his own ailments last season, either. The 26-year-old suffered a knee injury that forced him out of the Packers' Wild Card round loss to the San Francisco 49ers.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Tuesday September 2Bruce Arians thinks the NFC West has gotten stronger in 2014.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday September 2Will the NFL suspend 49ers' defensive end Ray McDonald?
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves