Updated Feb 23, 2014 - 8:53 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals interested in outside linebacker Mike Neal
According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Cardinals are one of the teams rumored to be interested in outside linebacker Mike Neal.
Neal, a former second-round draft pick out of Purdue in 2010, has played his entire career with the Green Bay Packers. Last season, he set career highs in games played (16), solo tackles (36), total tackles (47), sacks (5) and interceptions (1).
The Cardinals entered the 2013 with plenty of depth at the outside linebacker position, but season-ending injuries to Sam Acho and Lorenzo Alexander forced Matt Shaughnessy and John Abraham to play a bit out of position. Arizona relied on Dontay Moch and Marcus Benard to fill the void, as well.
Neal wasn't without his own ailments last season, either. The 26-year-old suffered a knee injury that forced him out of the Packers' Wild Card round loss to the San Francisco 49ers.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Antonio Cromartie: Arizona Cardinals ‘most talented secondary' he has been a part of
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Bobby Massie in 'best shape of his career'
- Personnel and penumbras
- Arizona Cardinals' Alex Okafor's transition to linebacker is complete
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim likes what he's seen from rookie John Brown
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.
- Steve Keim, Arizona Cardinals GM - Monday July 28Cardinals GM Steve Keim talks about player evaluation during training camp.
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi