Updated Feb 23, 2014 - 8:53 am
Report: Arizona Cardinals interested in outside linebacker Mike Neal
According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Cardinals are one of the teams rumored to be interested in outside linebacker Mike Neal.
Neal, a former second-round draft pick out of Purdue in 2010, has played his entire career with the Green Bay Packers. Last season, he set career highs in games played (16), solo tackles (36), total tackles (47), sacks (5) and interceptions (1).
The Cardinals entered the 2013 with plenty of depth at the outside linebacker position, but season-ending injuries to Sam Acho and Lorenzo Alexander forced Matt Shaughnessy and John Abraham to play a bit out of position. Arizona relied on Dontay Moch and Marcus Benard to fill the void, as well.
Neal wasn't without his own ailments last season, either. The 26-year-old suffered a knee injury that forced him out of the Packers' Wild Card round loss to the San Francisco 49ers.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!