Updated Feb 25, 2014 - 9:03 am
Report: Tackle Branden Albert a 'high priority' for Arizona Cardinals
It was a need last season. And the one before that. The one before that, too. You get the picture. But the Cardinals may finally be close to a viable solution at the position.
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Monday the Cardinals have made Kansas City Chiefs tackle Branden Albert a "high priority" in free agency, though there is a chance the Chiefs may re-sign the seven-year pro out of Virginia.
"They're not picking high enough to get one of those elite guys," ESPN.com's Mike Sando told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Monday.
"I think Albert may get a little overpaid. But when you've been where Arizona's been at left tackle, I think I could justify overpaying for above average. I think that's what you're getting with him and why Kansas City isn't expected to re-sign him."
NFL.com rates Albert as the best available offensive tackle this offseason. Albert was the No. 15 overall pick in the 2008 draft, but he has battled injuries throughout his career.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.