Updated Feb 25, 2014 - 9:03 am
Report: Tackle Branden Albert a 'high priority' for Arizona Cardinals
It was a need last season. And the one before that. The one before that, too. You get the picture. But the Cardinals may finally be close to a viable solution at the position.
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Monday the Cardinals have made Kansas City Chiefs tackle Branden Albert a "high priority" in free agency, though there is a chance the Chiefs may re-sign the seven-year pro out of Virginia.
"They're not picking high enough to get one of those elite guys," ESPN.com's Mike Sando told Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Monday.
"I think Albert may get a little overpaid. But when you've been where Arizona's been at left tackle, I think I could justify overpaying for above average. I think that's what you're getting with him and why Kansas City isn't expected to re-sign him."
NFL.com rates Albert as the best available offensive tackle this offseason. Albert was the No. 15 overall pick in the 2008 draft, but he has battled injuries throughout his career.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive lineman
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.