Cardinals' head coach Bruce Arians hosts 2014 Celebrity Golf Classic
Now, Arians will try to tackle an even bigger problem troubling the state and its children.
The Arians Family Foundation (AFF) will host the inaugural Arizona Golf Classic in Scottsdale, March 7-9, to help children that are involved in the court system as a result of abuse or neglect by their families.
The event will raise money to bring CASAs (court-appointed special advocates) to the kids who need a voice.
"It looks like it's going to be a great start here in Arizona," Arians told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We're trying to have a benefit for CASA. My wife Christine was a CASA for 15 years and I saw firsthand how you can change one life at a time. We have 10,000 children in foster care in Maricopa County and they need our help."
The AFF was founded last year by Arians, alongside his wife, Christine. The foundation motto, "A Voice For Children," does just that -- giving the help and resources that children need for a successful future.
"We're trying to raise enough money so we can train more CASAs so that each child can have a voice," Arians said. "That's the one stable factor in most of their lives.
"I've seen what Christine has done with a number of kids who really had no future and I know two right now who are in college and have a future. We want to be that voice for them and that person that's stable in their life."
Among those expected to attend are Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer, Larry Fitzgerald, Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson.
"A lot of the guys are coming in are looking forward to having a great time," Arians said. "The Kierland Westin is a fantastic facility and it's going to be a great time. Also, LeAnn Rimes is going to come out and sing the National Anthem and sing a few songs afterwards."
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.