Updated Feb 28, 2014 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Cardinals, John Lott part ways
Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com is reporting the team and John Lott have parted ways.
"Coach (Bruce) Arians let John know this morning that he's making a change and going in a different direction in that role. Everyone at the team is certainly grateful to John for his contributions and wish him nothing but the best moving forward. The search for a replacement is underway."
Lott had been with the Cardinals since 2007, when Ken Whisenhunt was hired, and had two years remaining on his contract. Some believe he will now end up in Tennessee with his for boss.
Lott is well known for his work during the NFL Scouting Combine as he would press draft hopefuls to push their boundaries when it came to the bench press. A fiery coach, his phrase, "Get your mind right" could be seen on shirts around the Cardinals practice facility.
According to Urban, assistant strength and conditioning coach Pete Alosi will remain in place.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.