Updated Feb 28, 2014 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Cardinals, John Lott part ways
Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com is reporting the team and John Lott have parted ways.
"Coach (Bruce) Arians let John know this morning that he's making a change and going in a different direction in that role. Everyone at the team is certainly grateful to John for his contributions and wish him nothing but the best moving forward. The search for a replacement is underway."
Lott had been with the Cardinals since 2007, when Ken Whisenhunt was hired, and had two years remaining on his contract. Some believe he will now end up in Tennessee with his for boss.
Lott is well known for his work during the NFL Scouting Combine as he would press draft hopefuls to push their boundaries when it came to the bench press. A fiery coach, his phrase, "Get your mind right" could be seen on shirts around the Cardinals practice facility.
According to Urban, assistant strength and conditioning coach Pete Alosi will remain in place.
- Arizona Cardinals' GM Steve Keim: Jonathan Cooper will be great for the team
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim: 'I'm never done' building the roster
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Tuesday September 2It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi!
- Steve Keim - Arizona Cardinals GM - Tuesday September 2Steve Keim discusses whether or not the Cardinals roster is set.
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?