Updated Feb 28, 2014 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Cardinals, John Lott part ways
Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com is reporting the team and John Lott have parted ways.
"Coach (Bruce) Arians let John know this morning that he's making a change and going in a different direction in that role. Everyone at the team is certainly grateful to John for his contributions and wish him nothing but the best moving forward. The search for a replacement is underway."
Lott had been with the Cardinals since 2007, when Ken Whisenhunt was hired, and had two years remaining on his contract. Some believe he will now end up in Tennessee with his for boss.
Lott is well known for his work during the NFL Scouting Combine as he would press draft hopefuls to push their boundaries when it came to the bench press. A fiery coach, his phrase, "Get your mind right" could be seen on shirts around the Cardinals practice facility.
According to Urban, assistant strength and conditioning coach Pete Alosi will remain in place.
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Arizona Cardinals sign rookie free agent LB Derrell Johnson
- Arizona Cardinals bring in veteran Max Starks for depth, not to replace Bobby Massie
- Arizona Cardinals sign tackle Max Starks, release two
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?
- Doug & Wolf Impromptu Power Poll - Friday August 1Doug & Wolf's top 5 things to look for at Cardinals' Fan Fest.