Updated Feb 28, 2014 - 3:09 pm
Arizona Cardinals, John Lott part ways
Darren Urban of AZCardinals.com is reporting the team and John Lott have parted ways.
"Coach (Bruce) Arians let John know this morning that he's making a change and going in a different direction in that role. Everyone at the team is certainly grateful to John for his contributions and wish him nothing but the best moving forward. The search for a replacement is underway."
Lott had been with the Cardinals since 2007, when Ken Whisenhunt was hired, and had two years remaining on his contract. Some believe he will now end up in Tennessee with his for boss.
Lott is well known for his work during the NFL Scouting Combine as he would press draft hopefuls to push their boundaries when it came to the bench press. A fiery coach, his phrase, "Get your mind right" could be seen on shirts around the Cardinals practice facility.
According to Urban, assistant strength and conditioning coach Pete Alosi will remain in place.
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.