Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
The veteran kicker made 30-of-36 field goal attempts, but had crucial misses in losses to St. Louis and San Francisco. Wins in those games likely would have made the Cardinals a playoff team.
Feely is also a free agent, making his future in the Valley very much an uncertainty. However, there is no mystery surrounding where Feely would like to play in 2014.
"I'm hopeful to be back with Arizona," Feely told Doug and Wolf Thursday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We've talked this week and hopefully we'll get something done before free agency starts.
"I was disappointed with how the season ended last year and obviously they were disappointed in the last game -- you know, missing those two kicks -- and that kind of sticks with you, it sticks with everybody, but I've been very happy with the way that I've felt, the way that I've progressed in my career, and hopefully I get a chance."
In four years with the Cardinals, Feely has connected on 85.2 percent (98-of-115) of his field goal attempts and has yet to miss an extra point (124-of-124).
"The one thing I told (general manager) Steve Keim was that I love the direction of this team. I love the make-up, the leaders, the young guys at key positions throughout most of this team both offensively and defensively," Feely said. "I think it's primed for some really exciting things and I want to be a part of that."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals teammates react to Patrick Peterson's contract extension
- Patrick Peterson's new contract compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b