Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
The veteran kicker made 30-of-36 field goal attempts, but had crucial misses in losses to St. Louis and San Francisco. Wins in those games likely would have made the Cardinals a playoff team.
Feely is also a free agent, making his future in the Valley very much an uncertainty. However, there is no mystery surrounding where Feely would like to play in 2014.
"I'm hopeful to be back with Arizona," Feely told Doug and Wolf Thursday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We've talked this week and hopefully we'll get something done before free agency starts.
"I was disappointed with how the season ended last year and obviously they were disappointed in the last game -- you know, missing those two kicks -- and that kind of sticks with you, it sticks with everybody, but I've been very happy with the way that I've felt, the way that I've progressed in my career, and hopefully I get a chance."
In four years with the Cardinals, Feely has connected on 85.2 percent (98-of-115) of his field goal attempts and has yet to miss an extra point (124-of-124).
"The one thing I told (general manager) Steve Keim was that I love the direction of this team. I love the make-up, the leaders, the young guys at key positions throughout most of this team both offensively and defensively," Feely said. "I think it's primed for some really exciting things and I want to be a part of that."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The 5: Top story lines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.