Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
The veteran kicker made 30-of-36 field goal attempts, but had crucial misses in losses to St. Louis and San Francisco. Wins in those games likely would have made the Cardinals a playoff team.
Feely is also a free agent, making his future in the Valley very much an uncertainty. However, there is no mystery surrounding where Feely would like to play in 2014.
"I'm hopeful to be back with Arizona," Feely told Doug and Wolf Thursday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We've talked this week and hopefully we'll get something done before free agency starts.
"I was disappointed with how the season ended last year and obviously they were disappointed in the last game -- you know, missing those two kicks -- and that kind of sticks with you, it sticks with everybody, but I've been very happy with the way that I've felt, the way that I've progressed in my career, and hopefully I get a chance."
In four years with the Cardinals, Feely has connected on 85.2 percent (98-of-115) of his field goal attempts and has yet to miss an extra point (124-of-124).
"The one thing I told (general manager) Steve Keim was that I love the direction of this team. I love the make-up, the leaders, the young guys at key positions throughout most of this team both offensively and defensively," Feely said. "I think it's primed for some really exciting things and I want to be a part of that."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.