Kicker Jay Feely wants to be back with Arizona Cardinals
The veteran kicker made 30-of-36 field goal attempts, but had crucial misses in losses to St. Louis and San Francisco. Wins in those games likely would have made the Cardinals a playoff team.
Feely is also a free agent, making his future in the Valley very much an uncertainty. However, there is no mystery surrounding where Feely would like to play in 2014.
"I'm hopeful to be back with Arizona," Feely told Doug and Wolf Thursday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We've talked this week and hopefully we'll get something done before free agency starts.
"I was disappointed with how the season ended last year and obviously they were disappointed in the last game -- you know, missing those two kicks -- and that kind of sticks with you, it sticks with everybody, but I've been very happy with the way that I've felt, the way that I've progressed in my career, and hopefully I get a chance."
In four years with the Cardinals, Feely has connected on 85.2 percent (98-of-115) of his field goal attempts and has yet to miss an extra point (124-of-124).
"The one thing I told (general manager) Steve Keim was that I love the direction of this team. I love the make-up, the leaders, the young guys at key positions throughout most of this team both offensively and defensively," Feely said. "I think it's primed for some really exciting things and I want to be a part of that."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Notes from the Nest: July 28, 2014
- Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper: 'I felt OK' after first practice with pads
- Cardinals WR Michael Floyd on 2014 training camp: 'Everything comes faster'
- Teddy Williams looking to make Arizona Cardinals as a cornerback
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.