Updated Mar 6, 2014 - 3:42 pm
Arizona Cardinals hire former Olympic runner Roger Kingdom as assistant trainer
Kingdom is a two-time Olympic gold medalist in the 110-meter hurdles in the 1984 and 1988 games. The team said he is one of only two runners to win consecutive Olympic titles in the competition.
The new assistant spent the past 10 years as the director of the track and field and cross-country programs at California University of Pennsylvania.
The Vienna, Ga., native was named the 1989 Track and Field Athlete of the Year, and was inducted into the USA Track and Field Hall of Fame in 2005.
Kingdom attended the University of Pittsburgh on a football scholarship, but he also excelled on the school's track team, running to national titles in the 110-meter hurdles and 55-meter hurdles.
Kingdom takes over the assistant spot left vacant after John Lott left the Cardinals staff last week. Kingdom joins Pete Alosi as the assistant staff to Morris.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!