Updated Mar 8, 2014 - 6:49 pm
Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
And he's never been particularly quiet on Twitter.
That was exemplified clearly on Friday, when the 32-year-old tweeted that Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Branden Albert was his "new teammate."
The tweet read:
@ddockett: Hey I want every one to follow my homie////new teammate.. Also Newest member of bird gang. 👏👏👏👏 👉👉👉👉 @B_Albert76
It was deleted soon after it was sent, but several screenshots of the tweet were captured.
The Cardinals have been linked to interest in Albert, and left tackle is certainly the most glaring need on the team's roster, but the NFL doesn't allow teams to negotiate contracts with unrestricted free agents until 10 a.m. MDT on Saturday and no contracts will be inked until Tuesday at the earliest.
Kansas City isn't expected to re-sign Albert, who is also thought to be highly sought after by the Miami Dolphins.
It's probably worth noting that Dockett has previously sent hundreds of bizarre tweets, particularly those which include pictures. A quick scroll through his feed includes pictures of Miley Cyrus twerking, midgets, O.J. and Nicole Simpson, Harriet Tubman and plenty of similarly random things.
Albert, who tweeted after the rumors begin to swirl, seems to have been aware of that.
This guy starting trouble..... See y'all later lol— Branden Albert (@B_Albert76) March 7, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.