Updated Mar 8, 2014 - 6:49 pm
Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
And he's never been particularly quiet on Twitter.
That was exemplified clearly on Friday, when the 32-year-old tweeted that Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Branden Albert was his "new teammate."
The tweet read:
@ddockett: Hey I want every one to follow my homie////new teammate.. Also Newest member of bird gang. 👏👏👏👏 👉👉👉👉 @B_Albert76
It was deleted soon after it was sent, but several screenshots of the tweet were captured.
The Cardinals have been linked to interest in Albert, and left tackle is certainly the most glaring need on the team's roster, but the NFL doesn't allow teams to negotiate contracts with unrestricted free agents until 10 a.m. MDT on Saturday and no contracts will be inked until Tuesday at the earliest.
Kansas City isn't expected to re-sign Albert, who is also thought to be highly sought after by the Miami Dolphins.
It's probably worth noting that Dockett has previously sent hundreds of bizarre tweets, particularly those which include pictures. A quick scroll through his feed includes pictures of Miley Cyrus twerking, midgets, O.J. and Nicole Simpson, Harriet Tubman and plenty of similarly random things.
Albert, who tweeted after the rumors begin to swirl, seems to have been aware of that.
This guy starting trouble..... See y'all later lol— Branden Albert (@B_Albert76) March 7, 2014
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Locking up Patrick Peterson was a great move by the Cardinals
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.