Updated Mar 8, 2014 - 6:49 pm
Darnell Dockett tweets that Branden Albert is 'new teammate'
And he's never been particularly quiet on Twitter.
That was exemplified clearly on Friday, when the 32-year-old tweeted that Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Branden Albert was his "new teammate."
The tweet read:
@ddockett: Hey I want every one to follow my homie////new teammate.. Also Newest member of bird gang. 👏👏👏👏 👉👉👉👉 @B_Albert76
It was deleted soon after it was sent, but several screenshots of the tweet were captured.
The Cardinals have been linked to interest in Albert, and left tackle is certainly the most glaring need on the team's roster, but the NFL doesn't allow teams to negotiate contracts with unrestricted free agents until 10 a.m. MDT on Saturday and no contracts will be inked until Tuesday at the earliest.
Kansas City isn't expected to re-sign Albert, who is also thought to be highly sought after by the Miami Dolphins.
It's probably worth noting that Dockett has previously sent hundreds of bizarre tweets, particularly those which include pictures. A quick scroll through his feed includes pictures of Miley Cyrus twerking, midgets, O.J. and Nicole Simpson, Harriet Tubman and plenty of similarly random things.
Albert, who tweeted after the rumors begin to swirl, seems to have been aware of that.
This guy starting trouble..... See y'all later lol— Branden Albert (@B_Albert76) March 7, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.