PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
But according to ProFootballTalk.com, they may soon be out of the race.
The website reported Sunday that all signs point toward Albert signing with the Miami Dolphins shortly after free agents can sign contracts on Tuesday. Teams were allowed to enter negotiations with free agents this weekend.
The Dolphins nearly traded for Albert last year, according to PFT, before the tackle entered his final season with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Albert has been one of the Cardinals' top targets this season, if not their No. 1 target. Arizona defensive lineman Darnell Dockett tweeted last week that Albert was his "new teammate," though Dockett has a long history of odd tweets.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.