PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
But according to ProFootballTalk.com, they may soon be out of the race.
The website reported Sunday that all signs point toward Albert signing with the Miami Dolphins shortly after free agents can sign contracts on Tuesday. Teams were allowed to enter negotiations with free agents this weekend.
The Dolphins nearly traded for Albert last year, according to PFT, before the tackle entered his final season with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Albert has been one of the Cardinals' top targets this season, if not their No. 1 target. Arizona defensive lineman Darnell Dockett tweeted last week that Albert was his "new teammate," though Dockett has a long history of odd tweets.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.