PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
But according to ProFootballTalk.com, they may soon be out of the race.
The website reported Sunday that all signs point toward Albert signing with the Miami Dolphins shortly after free agents can sign contracts on Tuesday. Teams were allowed to enter negotiations with free agents this weekend.
The Dolphins nearly traded for Albert last year, according to PFT, before the tackle entered his final season with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Albert has been one of the Cardinals' top targets this season, if not their No. 1 target. Arizona defensive lineman Darnell Dockett tweeted last week that Albert was his "new teammate," though Dockett has a long history of odd tweets.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett