NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
Sunday afternoon, ProFootballTalk.com reported that all signs point to free agent left tackle Branden Albert going to the Miami Dolphins.
And if that report turns out to be fact, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun believes the Arizona Cardinals will turn their attention to a potentially cheaper left tackle candidate, Jared Veldheer.
Sources predict for tackle market: Albert to Dolphins, Veldheer to Cardinals, Saffold to Raiders,. Collins to Buccaneers, Monroe to Ravens— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) March 9, 2014
Veldheer, a third-round pick by the Oakland Raiders out of Division II Hillsdale College in 2010, started 32 straight games for the silver and black from 2011-12.
In 2013, the 6-foot-8 lineman started the final five games, but spent most of the season on the sidelines due to a torn triceps injury sustained during the preseason.
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.