NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
Sunday afternoon, ProFootballTalk.com reported that all signs point to free agent left tackle Branden Albert going to the Miami Dolphins.
And if that report turns out to be fact, Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun believes the Arizona Cardinals will turn their attention to a potentially cheaper left tackle candidate, Jared Veldheer.
Sources predict for tackle market: Albert to Dolphins, Veldheer to Cardinals, Saffold to Raiders,. Collins to Buccaneers, Monroe to Ravens— Aaron Wilson (@RavensInsider) March 9, 2014
Veldheer, a third-round pick by the Oakland Raiders out of Division II Hillsdale College in 2010, started 32 straight games for the silver and black from 2011-12.
In 2013, the 6-foot-8 lineman started the final five games, but spent most of the season on the sidelines due to a torn triceps injury sustained during the preseason.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.