Updated Mar 11, 2014 - 6:18 pm
Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
AZCentral's Kent Somers tweeted Tuesday that he said he heard the 32-year-old linebacker is headed to the Browns for four years, $24 million. Somers said that Dansby will likely make $10 million in the first year of the deal.
Baltimore Sun reporter Aaron Wilson later tweeted that $12 million of Dansby's deal is guaranteed, and he will get a $6 million signing bonus.
Dansby, spent last season in Arizona after playing the previous three for the Miami Dolphins, whom he left the Cardinals for following the 2009 season.
In 2013, the veteran tallied 122 tackles -- 114 of which were solo -- along with 6.5 sacks, four interceptions and 19 passes defensed.
As far as replacements currently on the roster, 2013 second-round pick Kevin Minter is the likely choice for the Cardinals. As a rookie last season, he appeared in 13 games (mostly on special teams), and made four tackles.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.