Updated Mar 11, 2014 - 6:18 pm
Arizona Cardinals to lose LB Karlos Dansby to Cleveland Browns
AZCentral's Kent Somers tweeted Tuesday that he said he heard the 32-year-old linebacker is headed to the Browns for four years, $24 million. Somers said that Dansby will likely make $10 million in the first year of the deal.
Baltimore Sun reporter Aaron Wilson later tweeted that $12 million of Dansby's deal is guaranteed, and he will get a $6 million signing bonus.
Dansby, spent last season in Arizona after playing the previous three for the Miami Dolphins, whom he left the Cardinals for following the 2009 season.
In 2013, the veteran tallied 122 tackles -- 114 of which were solo -- along with 6.5 sacks, four interceptions and 19 passes defensed.
As far as replacements currently on the roster, 2013 second-round pick Kevin Minter is the likely choice for the Cardinals. As a rookie last season, he appeared in 13 games (mostly on special teams), and made four tackles.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd named to Sports Illustrated's All-Breakout Team
- Panel ranks Arizona Cardinals' Bruce Arians as the NFL's 13th-best head coach
- The Pulse: Most fans not very concerned with the Arizona Cardinals' preseason loss to the Cincinnati Bengals
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.