Updated Mar 11, 2014 - 5:54 pm
Arizona Cardinals react to Karlos Dansby's departure
As of 10:25 a.m., the NFL Network's Ian Rapoport tweeted that the Cardinals and Tennesse Titans felt they had lost out on Dansby's services, and that the Cleveland Browns had emerged as the front runner.
A little more than an hour later, AZCentral's Kent Somers tweeted that he said he heard the 32-year-old linebacker is headed to the Browns for four years, $24 million. Somers said that Dansby will likely make $10 million in the first year of the deal.
Baltimore Sun reporter Aaron Wilson later tweeted that $12 million of Dansby's deal is guaranteed, and he will get a $6 million signing bonus.
After Dansby's departure was certain, members of the Cardinals organization began sharing their thoughts on Twitter.
Hate to see a teammate go especially one that played so well for us. Now we have to find someone to fill that void.— Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) March 11, 2014
Darnell Dockett didn't mince words as he said in a tweet, "**** this free agent ****... I'm going fishing.. I guess I'm just To [sic] damn loyal these days. Smh."
If Dansby leaves, it's not the end of the world. Good player but benefitted from the system. He's replaceable.— Dave Pasch (@DavePasch) March 11, 2014
I know some fans are disappointed with Dansby. But if you were offered a few million more dollars to switch jobs, you'd do it too.— Darren Urban (@Cardschatter) March 11, 2014
In his lone year returning to the team that drafted him, Dansby racked up 6.5 sacks, 122 tackles, four interceptions and two defensive touchdowns.
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.