It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
The team announced it had reached agreements on one-year contracts with kicker Jay Feely and tight end Jake Ballard, as well as a two-year deal with defensive lineman Frostee Rucker.
Arizona also announced it had released guard Daryn Colledge, who had started all 48 games over the last three seasons for the team.
Feely broke the news himself over the weekend. The kicker, who signed a one-year deal, has spent the last four seasons in Arizona and connected on 30-of-36 field goal attempts last season.
Ballard joined the Cardinals late in the season and went on to catch seven passes for 75 yards and two touchdowns in eight games. Formerly of the New York Giants and New England Patriots, the 26-year-old has 45 receptions for 679 yards and six touchdowns in his career.
As for Rucker, the former third-round pick out of USC played in all 16 games for the team last season, tallying 14 tackles, one sack, two tackles for loss, nine quarterback pressures and eight quarterback hits.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Patrick Peterson's new contact compared to other top NFL cornerbacks
- Notes from the Nest: July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals, Patrick Peterson agree on extension
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b