It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
The team announced it had reached agreements on one-year contracts with kicker Jay Feely and tight end Jake Ballard, as well as a two-year deal with defensive lineman Frostee Rucker.
Arizona also announced it had released guard Daryn Colledge, who had started all 48 games over the last three seasons for the team.
Feely broke the news himself over the weekend. The kicker, who signed a one-year deal, has spent the last four seasons in Arizona and connected on 30-of-36 field goal attempts last season.
Ballard joined the Cardinals late in the season and went on to catch seven passes for 75 yards and two touchdowns in eight games. Formerly of the New York Giants and New England Patriots, the 26-year-old has 45 receptions for 679 yards and six touchdowns in his career.
As for Rucker, the former third-round pick out of USC played in all 16 games for the team last season, tallying 14 tackles, one sack, two tackles for loss, nine quarterback pressures and eight quarterback hits.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!