It's official: Arizona Cardinals re-sign trio of players, release Daryn Colledge
The team announced it had reached agreements on one-year contracts with kicker Jay Feely and tight end Jake Ballard, as well as a two-year deal with defensive lineman Frostee Rucker.
Arizona also announced it had released guard Daryn Colledge, who had started all 48 games over the last three seasons for the team.
Feely broke the news himself over the weekend. The kicker, who signed a one-year deal, has spent the last four seasons in Arizona and connected on 30-of-36 field goal attempts last season.
Ballard joined the Cardinals late in the season and went on to catch seven passes for 75 yards and two touchdowns in eight games. Formerly of the New York Giants and New England Patriots, the 26-year-old has 45 receptions for 679 yards and six touchdowns in his career.
As for Rucker, the former third-round pick out of USC played in all 16 games for the team last season, tallying 14 tackles, one sack, two tackles for loss, nine quarterback pressures and eight quarterback hits.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.