Karlos Dansby on offer from Cleveland Browns: 'It definitely surprised me'
Many were shocked by the length and size of the offer. Dansby was one.
"It definitely surprised me, I wasn't expecting that," Dansby told Burns and Gambo Wednesday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "I was called supernaturally, man. It was something I can't explain. It was like 'it's time to go.'"
Dansby said he didn't even consider testing the market elsewhere once he received the offer from the Browns.
The 32-year-old linebacker also doesn't harbor any ill will toward the Cardinals. In fact, he says the team made him a fair offer that didn't leave him feeling disrespected.
"Not at all. They showed me what they valued me at and I was like 'OK, that's cool,'" Dansby said. "But when you get called, you've got to drop everything and roll."
Dansby disputed reports that the Cardinals' offer was for two years and worth between $10-12 million, but didn't say what the offer presented to his camp was.
The 10-year veteran has nothing but fond memories of his time in Arizona -- both stints, but especially the 2013 season.
"It was unbelievable, bro. That's the most fun I've ever had in all the years I've been there," he said. "(Defensive coordinator) Todd Bowles is amazing. An amazing coach and an amazing motivator. Him and Bruce Arians together man, that's a dangerous combination."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett