Karlos Dansby on offer from Cleveland Browns: 'It definitely surprised me'
Many were shocked by the length and size of the offer. Dansby was one.
"It definitely surprised me, I wasn't expecting that," Dansby told Burns and Gambo Wednesday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "I was called supernaturally, man. It was something I can't explain. It was like 'it's time to go.'"
Dansby said he didn't even consider testing the market elsewhere once he received the offer from the Browns.
The 32-year-old linebacker also doesn't harbor any ill will toward the Cardinals. In fact, he says the team made him a fair offer that didn't leave him feeling disrespected.
"Not at all. They showed me what they valued me at and I was like 'OK, that's cool,'" Dansby said. "But when you get called, you've got to drop everything and roll."
Dansby disputed reports that the Cardinals' offer was for two years and worth between $10-12 million, but didn't say what the offer presented to his camp was.
The 10-year veteran has nothing but fond memories of his time in Arizona -- both stints, but especially the 2013 season.
"It was unbelievable, bro. That's the most fun I've ever had in all the years I've been there," he said. "(Defensive coordinator) Todd Bowles is amazing. An amazing coach and an amazing motivator. Him and Bruce Arians together man, that's a dangerous combination."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.