Karlos Dansby on offer from Cleveland Browns: 'It definitely surprised me'
Many were shocked by the length and size of the offer. Dansby was one.
"It definitely surprised me, I wasn't expecting that," Dansby told Burns and Gambo Wednesday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "I was called supernaturally, man. It was something I can't explain. It was like 'it's time to go.'"
Dansby said he didn't even consider testing the market elsewhere once he received the offer from the Browns.
The 32-year-old linebacker also doesn't harbor any ill will toward the Cardinals. In fact, he says the team made him a fair offer that didn't leave him feeling disrespected.
"Not at all. They showed me what they valued me at and I was like 'OK, that's cool,'" Dansby said. "But when you get called, you've got to drop everything and roll."
Dansby disputed reports that the Cardinals' offer was for two years and worth between $10-12 million, but didn't say what the offer presented to his camp was.
The 10-year veteran has nothing but fond memories of his time in Arizona -- both stints, but especially the 2013 season.
"It was unbelievable, bro. That's the most fun I've ever had in all the years I've been there," he said. "(Defensive coordinator) Todd Bowles is amazing. An amazing coach and an amazing motivator. Him and Bruce Arians together man, that's a dangerous combination."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.