Patrick Peterson tweets Jets CB Antonio Cromartie about joining Cardinals
It's hard to make out how far the talks went, but Cardinals cornerback Patrick Peterson apparently tried to play ambassador to the team Saturday on Twitter.
Peterson direct-tweeted Cromartie the following:
@CRO31 let's make this thing happen.— Patrick Peterson (@RealPeterson21) March 16, 2014
Weinfuss said that Cromartie directly replied to the Cardinals star cornerback, "We going to make it happen," but that the tweet was deleted by Saturday night.
To that now-deleted tweet, Peterson responded:
That's about as far as the discussion got between the two defensive stars, at least on social media.
Weinfuss notes that the three-time Pro Bowler's asking price will probably be too high for the Cardinals.
I do find Cromartie's response interesting: "We going to make it happen." Either he was being nice, or he needed to weekend to think about Arizona's offer -- if there was one. It's unlikely the Cardinals will pay him the type of money he made with the New York Jets -- Cromartie earned $9.5 million in 2013.
Cromartie, 29, has played eight seasons in the league, only missing one game in all that time. He has racked up 292 solo tackles, 92 passes defensed and 28 interceptions -- including three returned for touchdowns -- in his career. He is the cousin of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who began his career in Arizona and spent three season in the Desert.
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu practices for the first time this season
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.