Updated Mar 24, 2014 - 1:19 am
The Pulse: Fans loving Cardinals signing of Antonio Cromartie
Our latest poll question asked readers what they thought of the Arizona Cardinals signing of cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who was recently released by the New York Jets.
Our readers overwhelmingly thought it was a big pickup. They had four options to choose from, and 1,460 in total opined, with 75 percent of them (1,101 votes) choosing "Great move!"
Another 22 percent of voters said, "It's OK." That means only a total of 3 percent of them didn't like the move. Two percent answered, "Not too good," while 1 percent said, "Just terrible."
Cromartie had 35 solo tackles, three interceptions and nine passes defensed in 16 games with the Jets in 2013. He has made the Pro Bowl three times, including in the last two seasons.
The 29-year-old Florida State product was primarily released because of his pricey contract; he made more than $9 million in 2013.
The Cardinals picked him up Thursday for a one-year deal reportedly worth $3.25 million, including a $500,000 bonus if he plays in all 16 games. Cromartie comes to Glendale with the chance to become the team's No. 2 cornerback opposite of Patrick Peterson.
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Arizona Cardinals' Lorenzo Alexander: Seattle Seahawks play championship game every week
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald beats Seattle Seahawks' Earl Thomas, gets slimed anyway
- Arizona Cardinals ranked 11th in Pro Football Talk's preseason power rankings
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.
- Kurt Warner, former AZ Cardinals QB - Thursday June 19How does he feel about being inducted into Cardinals' Ring of Honor?
- Kurt Warner- Former Cardinals QB - Wednesday June 18Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner talks about being inducted into the Ring of Honor.