Updated Mar 24, 2014 - 1:19 am
The Pulse: Fans loving Cardinals signing of Antonio Cromartie
Our latest poll question asked readers what they thought of the Arizona Cardinals signing of cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who was recently released by the New York Jets.
Our readers overwhelmingly thought it was a big pickup. They had four options to choose from, and 1,460 in total opined, with 75 percent of them (1,101 votes) choosing "Great move!"
Another 22 percent of voters said, "It's OK." That means only a total of 3 percent of them didn't like the move. Two percent answered, "Not too good," while 1 percent said, "Just terrible."
Cromartie had 35 solo tackles, three interceptions and nine passes defensed in 16 games with the Jets in 2013. He has made the Pro Bowl three times, including in the last two seasons.
The 29-year-old Florida State product was primarily released because of his pricey contract; he made more than $9 million in 2013.
The Cardinals picked him up Thursday for a one-year deal reportedly worth $3.25 million, including a $500,000 bonus if he plays in all 16 games. Cromartie comes to Glendale with the chance to become the team's No. 2 cornerback opposite of Patrick Peterson.
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!