Healthy Antonio Cromartie felt like home in Arizona
After less than two weeks on the open market, he signed a one-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals.
"I think the biggest part I was just surprised by not having, once I got released, the activity," Cromartie admitted to Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Monday. "That wasn't there."
Except from Cardinals.
"Once I got a call from Arizona and a few other teams started calling in, but Arizona just made me feel at home."
In Cromartie, the Cardinals have a player who has been to three Pro Bowls -- including the last two -- and who has 28 career interceptions over eight seasons with the San Diego Chargers and New York Jets.
But he battled through a hip injury last season, which he says affected his performance on the field and likely led to the lack of interest in his services. He knows last season wasn't a great one for him, as he failed to live up to expectations in the Big Apple.
Now healthy, the 29-year-old (who will be 30 by Week 1) expects to bounce back and have a big season in the desert.
"Right now I'm feeling 100 percent, and I'm just getting ready to go."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?