Healthy Antonio Cromartie felt like home in Arizona
After less than two weeks on the open market, he signed a one-year deal with the Arizona Cardinals.
"I think the biggest part I was just surprised by not having, once I got released, the activity," Cromartie admitted to Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Monday. "That wasn't there."
Except from Cardinals.
"Once I got a call from Arizona and a few other teams started calling in, but Arizona just made me feel at home."
In Cromartie, the Cardinals have a player who has been to three Pro Bowls -- including the last two -- and who has 28 career interceptions over eight seasons with the San Diego Chargers and New York Jets.
But he battled through a hip injury last season, which he says affected his performance on the field and likely led to the lack of interest in his services. He knows last season wasn't a great one for him, as he failed to live up to expectations in the Big Apple.
Now healthy, the 29-year-old (who will be 30 by Week 1) expects to bounce back and have a big season in the desert.
"Right now I'm feeling 100 percent, and I'm just getting ready to go."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Rookie QB Logan Thomas largely ineffective in Cardinals preseason finale
- Cardinals WRs Brown, Golden and Powell fail to make case in final preseason game
- NFL.com predicts a couple of Arizona Cardinals will win awards
- Report: Arizona Cardinals negotiating contract with James Harrison
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.