Arizona Cardinals sign LeQuan Lewis and Eddie Whitley
Terms of the deals were not disclosed.
Lewis will be a familiar name to Valley sports fans, as he played his college ball at Arizona State. He entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2011, and has spent time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders, New York Jets, Chicago Bears and New England Patriots.
He's appeared in eight NFL games, tallying four tackles, one interception and two passes defensed.
As for Whitney, the former undrafted free agent out of Virginia Tech has been with the Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys since entering the league in 2012.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.